Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fast Forward


Summer has come, and it's almost gone. I was this ninth grader who had just started the year, talking to my friends about how we are all going to face the national examination, how I was really scared, but also relaxed because it was still the first semester of ninth grade. I didn't exactly remember how time passed, but the second semester begun, and we finished the national examination, and how all of us are going to start high school in a week or so. It's the seventh month of the year, a lot of things have changed, whether I wanted it to or not. 
The people in my life changed, who stayed and who didn't, who supported me and who didn't, who understood me, and who didn't. I'm glad and grateful for the ones who did, and still do, and I'm grateful for the new things in my life, and even maybe, like Miles Halter in John Green's Looking for Alaska, I would find a Great Perhaps within the numbered days I live. I'm excited about changes, new things, new experiences. Spaces of life to explore, with all my loved ones. 
Time has passed so much I think my life might be in a fast forward motion. I sometimes want it all to slow down, and probably to a stop in some spectacular moments I've had. But sometimes I'm glad it's all in a fast forward, maybe I wanted a change, a new future, a Great Perhaps. I wanted to know what would it be like, what would it feel like, and figure out new things. 
It's summer and yet I haven't gone anywhere near the beach nor the pool, and it's almost ending. Even summer doesn't slow down, nothing does. But nothing is coming to an end, as life continues each second, in a fast forward, and that was why we must seize it. Every possible moment, every possible second, feel it. Live it.

Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment